Testing and Assessment FAQs
What tests are required as part of the program?
Students who are enrolled full-time in Hoosier Academies are required to take the following tests:
- Grades K-2: DIBELS Dynamic Indicators of Basic Early Literacy Skills
- Grades 3-8: Indiana Statewide Testing for Education Progress-Plus (ISTEP+)
- Grade 3: IRead (Indiana Reading and Evaluation and Determination assessment)
- Grade 10: Indiana Statewide Testing For Education Progress-Plus (ISTEP+)
- Indiana End of Course Assessment for High School courses: English 10, Algebra, and Biology to receive the Indiana, Core 40 diploma.
Do I have to participate in state testing?
Yes. Since Hoosier Academies is a public charter school, all students must participate in the testing that is mandated in Indiana.