Dress Code Policy
Dress Code: Uniform Policy
The dress code policy at the Hoosier Academies has been designed to provide a uniform atmosphere that encourages learning by removing unnecessary distractions and creating a sense of community while attending the Learning Center.
If there is a change in the dress code for a field trip or special event, parents will be notified of the change prior to the day of the event. Otherwise, the dress code must be followed at all times. We rely on parents to help reinforce these expectations. It is their responsibility to guide the child toward cleanliness, neatness, and modesty. It is expected that students will come to school with clean garments that are in good repair. To prevent any misunderstanding and ensure continuity, the following guidelines must be followed:
- Students will wear a plain polo shirt in their choice of color(s). (Designer logos such as the Nike swoosh, American Eagle bird, Rocawear signature "R", Abercrombie & Fitch moose, etc, stripes or designs of any type are not permitted).
- Students may wear Hoosier Academies polo shirts or gear previously purchased or currently on the website with the Hoosier Academies logo.
- Males: pants or Bermuda shorts will be khaki (khaki is the color, not the style) or denim.
- Females: pants, skirts, Bermuda shorts, or skorts will be khaki (khaki is the color, not the style) or denim.
- Length of shorts, skirts, or skorts should be no more than one hand length above the knee.
- Elementary and secondary grades may wear a plain cardigan sweater, sweatshirt or a plain long sleeve polo shirt during cold weather.
- No hooded cardigan sweaters, shirts or sweatshirts.
- Shoes and socks must be worn at all times. Open-toed shoes are not allowed for safety reasons.
- No Heelys or other shoes with wheels may be worn.
- Jewelry should be small for safety reasons.
- Tattoos (including temporary) and body piercings other than earrings should not be visible.
- Holes in clothing are not allowed, this includes blue denim with leggings or tights underneath.
- Sagging is not allowed.
Anything else the school administration deems inappropriate or disruptive to the educational environment will be prohibited.
* Note: Students are expected to be in uniform on the first day attending the Learning Center. School Zone, Wal-Mart and Target offer school uniforms at affordable prices. In addition, although not mandatory, Hoosier Academies logo uniform gear can be purchased directly through the K12 Online Store. Families wishing to purchase uniforms from the Hoosier Academies Uniform Store are strongly encouraged to purchase uniforms as soon as possible.
If you have any questions regarding the ordering process, please feel free to e-mail Cyndi Lewis.