Who We Are
Our School at a Glance
Hoosier Academy at Indianapolis is a tuition-free public charter school authorized by Ball State University, Office of Charter Schools. As a public charter school, Hoosier Academy at Indianapolis provides the structure, administrative support, oversight, accountability, and state testing required of all Indiana public schools, in addition to providing personalized learning.
Hoosier Academy at Indianapolis uses the quality curriculum from K12 to offer Indiana students in grades K-8 an exceptional learning experience. With our personalized learning approach and the K12 curriculum, your kids will get all the tools they need to succeed, both in school and beyond.
What is a "Charter" School?
Hoosier Academy at Indianapolis is designated as a charter school. According to the Indiana Department of Education, "A charter school is a public school that is nonsectarian and nonreligious and operates under a contract or charter. Under Indiana Code, charter schools are established to serve the different learning styles and needs of public school students, to offer public school students appropriate and innovative choices, to afford varied opportunities for professional educators, to allow freedom and flexibility in exchange for exceptional levels of accountability, and to provide parents, students, community members, and local entities with an expanded opportunity for involvement in the public school system."
What is a "Blended Learning" School?
A blended learning school offers students both traditional, in-person instruction with a state-licensed teacher for part of the school week, and off-site learning (including online) for the remainder of the week, facilitated by a Learning Coach. This unique blend of traditional brick-and-mortar schooling with a robust, online experience gives students a learning opportunity that exceeds the limitations of either model.
Here's why Indiana families are choosing Hoosier Academy at Indianapolis for their kids:
- Our experienced, state-licensed teachers, who are available in person, online, and by phone.
- On-site learning experiences that focus on academic growth guided by Hoosier Academies staff and in collaboration with other Hoosier Academies students.
- The exceptional, engaging K12 curriculum, which covers both core subject areas and electives and is aligned to the Core 40 graduation requirements. Developed by experienced educators, this curriculum packages high-quality lessons and assessments that ensure students achieve success at each and every level. Find out more about K12.
- The online school and assessment tools, resources, and hands-on materials, including textbooks, microscopes, rocks and dirt, beautifully illustrated classic children's stories, and much more.†
- Our active, supportive school community, which organizes fun and informative monthly activities where parents, students, and staff share their successes, helpful hints, and more.
- The high-quality, tuition-free public education that enables a learning experience that is personalized for each child.
†Course materials vary by course and grade. Please check with your school about offline course materials.